Thursday, February 22, 2007

So It Begins

Finally its time for me to write my first blog. As it generally happens with me, this doesn't happen to a self motivated decision for me . Self motivation comes little if any to me. It just happened that two of my defining characteristics coupled while surfing through other mortals blog today , giving birth to this desire strong enough to publish my first blog.
What to write about in my first blog was never a problem . Being a completely egocentric person, the first blog was ought to be about myself. It was just the external motivation that was missing. That too came in strange sort of way. Visited a girl's blog space today. It was not the first time though i was doing this. What was different this time was the quality of the current blog posted . Far better than what, when she had started posting, (and when i had dismissed this whole idea of blogging as a rat race). The chauvinistic man growled within me in despair, and I decided that it is just about the time for me to join the race. It is not that i am allergic to the so called rat race. It is just that i have this tendency to join the race a bit late. My bloated ego just doesn't allow me to be a part of it. And when it finally gives in, I become a rat chugging behind a swarm of them, with no hope whatsoever of winning race.
This unfortunately has been the reality for the most part of my life, dragging me down, eating me away, almost like a disease....Its kind of funny when you both the cause and cure of the disease and still don't do anything to cure it. But then by going this way most of the time in life, it is the case. And life certainly is not funny.
Probably what keeps us from removing the disease from our body is not always our inertia towards action. It is just that sometimes they become so much a part of our life that parting away with them will be like parting away with one of our body parts. And then there is this sweet and intoxicating smell of failure. Believe me , you need a small dose of this regularly to keep you stimulated. Fortunately for me the stock never runs out.

10 comments:

Confused mind said...

nice post...didn't know u cud write so good...continue writing!!! btw who was the lucky girl whose blog u visited[:P]

Aakash said...

hey Bhagwan! ab naubat yahan tak aa gaye.... Tabhi main kahta hoon, kuch kar. Tere gp theory se mera bhi kalyan ho jaye ga....
Anyway, i enjoyed ur blog... It was atleast not boring, if not anything else....
Should I also join the "rat race" ???

Avi said...

yey neo!!! mast likha hai! aur chinta mat kar... kya pata ek din bahar nikal jaaye!

Chintan Agarwal said...

Good start!

Aditi said...

bhai........ tu mera hi bhai hai nah....sacchi mujhe shak ho raha hai....... ;)
way to go bhai..... amazing piece of writing..... its intellectual, but still not ........ ah wait i m not getting the word..:(
though am still trying to figure out what hav u written and why ...:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaurav said...

okay roomie, first i need to know when exactly did u get the time to go to english school. (or u had a thesaurus.com open :) )

This is fabulous. nd if u decide to remain in the rat race, there IS a fair chance u mite actually leave lots behind.

This is sure a good appetizer. Looking for the main course now,

nd yes even iu want to know who the girl was!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avi said...

kya be? kiske commentsd delete kiye???

aur next post kya ek saal baad likhega?????

Nihar said...

Good one Amit! Look forward to see more in coming days.