Friday, October 21, 2011

Just like Dad

Having counselled my parents all along my life that 'Comparing your kid's grade with * Uncle's kid will do no good to your already largely no-good child', the series of impulsive acts I did today in a similar scenario have put me to shame.

No I don't have a child (yet). But there is this kid whose education I am sponsoring under an Initiative taken by few of my friends ( under  Educate To Empower ). Today was the the day they published the grades of the first term exam of these kids. So this is in brief what happened after ( within a span of 100 seconds) once I saw his grades, and for which I feel like I have became just like my Dad 

00 second :: 75.9 % ..... hmmm... not bad , Could have done better "
10 second :: What would be this guy's position in the class? "
30 second:: 10th in  class of 20. How the hell is he going to get into IIT with these standards !!! "
40 second::  Scan through the grade list for grades of two other kids whom  my  buddy Ujj is sponsoring
70 second:: So this Ujj's kid have got 82 %. :( ... This kid have no future ".
80 - 90 second ::   Depressed, looking for some silver lining
90 second::     "Hell ... he is lagging behind only in desi languages ... the guy is good in  rozi roti subjects (Math/English) :) ...


Also to those who cannot read between the lines is the fact that I was able to navigate through all these pages within a matter of 40 seconds. Yeah we have Broadband at home :-/


7 comments:

Ujj said...

what the! they are in 2nd standard dude, come on!

Amit said...

yup I know ..... was instinct ... once the madness calmed I felt small ...

Aditi Only said...

abhi shaadi mat karna...

TOPOL said...

On the other hand, I think, with ur attitude, ur son will make it to IIT...

Amit said...

@topol, ummm , that way I would have made to IIT
@didi comment ignored :)

Preeti said...

Superb!! Now only you have realized so you might not think same again when your own kids results are out :)

Amit said...

@preeti i don't think that will change ....